Savior’s Super Squad is the Wednesday Evening Children’s Ministry at Garland Road Baptist Church. Savior’s Super Squad focuses on Worship, Bible Teaching, and Missions. The group uses the Gospel Project curriculum and incorporates songs, crafts, and fun activities.
Every Wednesday at 5:45pm
Led by Zach and Nicole Moneypenny
Garland Road Baptist Church Children’s Policies
GRBC Policies for Children’s Ministry Program(s)
Garland Road Baptist Church loves children and their parents. You can count on us to provide the best care, education, and nurturing environment for your Pre-K – 5thgrade children.
What Garland Road Baptist Church will do for you and your child:
- Provide quality leadership in all children’s ministry programs.
- Teachers/Teacher’s Assistants in children’s classrooms will be a member of the church for at least 6 months before they teach.
- All potential Teachers/Teacher’s Assistants will complete a screening form and grant permission for church leadership to conduct a criminal background check.
- All Teachers/Teacher’s Assistants are expected to take advantage of training opportunities sponsored by the church.
- All Teachers/Teacher’s Assistants are expected to study curriculum and to plan activities so that appropriate religious education can take place.
- Provide a healthy, secure, and safe teaching environment.
- Two or more teachers should be with each group of children at all times.
- A small window in classroom doors will give a view of the entire room.
- For the Wednesday evening ministry, all children will be dismissed from the classroom by the classroom teacher to the church foyer to be picked up by a parent/guardian.
- If a child has a contagious illness, it is recommended that the parent ensure an appropriate recovery time before returning to the next program. Should a parent discover that their child is ill after having attended a program, they should notify the Children’s Ministry Director at their earliest convenience.
- Teachers are not permitted to give any medication beyond basic First Aid.
- A signed child’s information sheet will be required in August for each new program year. A signed permission form will be required for each off-campus trip.
III. Provide Bible teaching through age-appropriate materials.
- Southern Baptist curriculum materials will be used in children’s ministry programs. Any other materials used for teaching will support SBC doctrine and must be approved by the Pastor and Children’s Ministry Director.
- Children will be placed in the classroom that corresponds with their current school grade.
- Provide an environment that encourages appropriate behavior and fosters self-discipline.
- The Children’s Ministry Director, Teachers, and Pastor have approved a discipline plan to be explained and enforced in each children’s ministry program.
- The behavioral management plan is as follows:
- In each class, DO
- Treat others kindly
- Respect authority
- Participate in all planned activities joyfully
- In our church, DO
- Walk in the hallways
- Remain outside of classrooms unless an adult is there with you
- Respect the property of our church and those who attend
- 1st violation – verbal warning; separate the child from other children and the activity to another location in the classroom
- 2nd violation – parents will be informed at pickup or called following the program the day of the violation
- 3rd violation – child will be removed from class and parent/guardian will be called to come pick child up
- 4th violation – parents will be asked to attend class with child until behavior is under control
The Children’s Ministry Director will provide support, encouragement, and enforcement of this behavioral management plan.
To make your child’s church experience the most meaningful, you can:
- Be involved. Please contact the Children’s Ministry Director for service opportunities during Wednesday evening children’s programs.
- Bring your child to church regularly.
- A schedule of children’s ministry programs is included in this brochure. Please have your child arrive ten minutes prior to program start time.
- On Sunday Mornings:
- Attend Sunday School while your child is in Sunday School, then attend worship together.
- Encourage your child to bring his/her Bible. If the child does not have a Bible, the church will provide the child with a Bible.
- Complete and return a child’s information sheet. These forms will be updated annually in August and are necessary to best meet the needs of your child.
- Review the behavioral management plan with your child on a regular basis. Please be supportive and encouraging of the Teachers in the event that they need to call and ask for your help enforcing this plan.
Garland Road Baptist Church
2002 North Garland Road
Enid, OK 73703
Have you been searching for opportunities for your child to…
- build cooperative relationships with peers
- develop strong leadership skills
- grow a servant’s heart by reaching out to those in need both locally and internationally
- spend quality time with family
- cultivate a deep relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
It is our privilege to invite your children, grandchildren, or children you know to our discipleship program.
- Where: Garland Road Baptist Church Fellowship Hall
- Who: Children Pre-K – 5thGrade
- When: Every Wednesday Night from 5:45PM – 7:30PM
*Parents are invited to stay for the Adult Prayer Meeting.
Children of the Gospel Project will have opportunities to:
eat dinner, worship in song, memorize Scripture, learn about the Bible through a variety of stories and learning activities, reach out to local and international missions, fellowship in family and community events, and much, much more!
We hope that you can come be a part of what God is doing at Garland Road Baptist Church!
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all the things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.”
Matthew 28: 19-20 NKJV